Nutis Visual Communications Group is seeking a Welder / Fabricator to join our Digico Imaging Metal Shop team. The responsibilities of the Welder / Fabricator position include fitting and joining, fabricating, and repairing aluminum / metal and other materials by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and production schedules.
- Perform welding duties (TIG/MIG) as directed.
- Weld aluminum / steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
- Work with team to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
- Operate forklifts, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs.
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment, if any equipment needs repairs notify supervisor.
- Perform a variety of tasks as required.
- High School diploma /GED / trade school preferred.
- 1 to 2 years welding experience.
- Tape measurement and blueprint reading skills a must. Also, must be familiar with a variety of welder concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to understand welding symbols and diagrams, read blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, filler rods, flux, hoses, valves, and gas cylinders
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand; walk ; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(K), company paid life insurance, retirement plan, paid holidays, paid time off and more! Successful completion of a weld test and substance screening is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic. Nutis Visual Communications Group partners with and supports the Ohio Diversity Council.